The objective of the Award is to demonstrate PAM and the benefactor’s commitments to architecture design excellence by recognising outstanding achievements by the students of architecture in design and to introduce these final year students to the profession and the industry.
The PAM-Tan Sri Ar Chan Sau Lai Architecture Award is open to:
- Malaysian students, studying locally or overseas, who have just successfully completed a Master Architecture course or Bachelor of Architecture course or other equivalent architecture course as determined by the Convenor
- Current PAM member of any category or have applied as PAM member of any category. PAM student membership is free
- Past Award winners and finalists are not eligible to participate again
- Individual or group project is eligible but only one prize will be awarded to each winning project. All team members must be Malaysian
- Schools of architecture may submit on behalf of the students
The categories of prizes that feature RM 50,000 worth of prize money per year are:
- Award Winner: RM 25,000 and Certificate
- First Runner-up: RM 10,000 and Certificate
- Second Runner-up: RM 5,000 and Certificate
- 5 Award Finalists: RM 2,000 and Certificate each
The Judging Process
- Each entrant may submit not more than three (3) design projects as part of their course work undertaken within Master Architecture course or Bachelor of Architecture course or other equivalent architecture course for judging.
- Each design project must be described and presented in not more than two A2 images
- All submissions must be made electronically to the designated email address or website
- Up to eight finalists, and one design project of each finalist, will be selected by the Awards Jury for Stage Two judging
- Each finalist must submit two A1 images, and any other additional material of the selected design project,
- All submissions must be made electronically to the designated email address or web site;
- The Jury may require a finalist to present the design project in person, or by tele-conference.